BIC Facility Codes
Register a Facility Code
Register a facility code to benefit from improved efficiency and security. This global standard allows you to always stay up to date through an accessible API.
Complete the online form to register a BIC Facility Code.REGISTER CODE
API to access all container facilities
The BIC Facility Codes along with the SMDG Terminal codes are accessible by API, using the API will enable you to automate your lookups or integrate the search for container facilities into your systems. Details on how to access the two code types can be found in the API spec.API INFORMATION
Benefits of the Harmonized BIC Facility Code
- Provides a unique global identification for each party in the transport chain, and reliable identification of the facility location.
- Facilitates lessor-lessee communications to identify on/off-hire facilities.
- Allows clear identification of the location at which the container is located at time of transaction.
- Facilitates visibility and enhanced service in relation to container repositioning, interchange, repair and maintenance transactions, etc…
- Easily accessible via web or API.
- Provides a platform for geo-features (geo-fencing; zones of interest)